Part 1 - The Gig Economy And The Impact On Human Resources
Aug 25th, 2017 by globig
n part 1 of this 2 part series we’ll explore what the Gig economy is and how it impacts HR departments around the world and in part 2 we’ll dive deeper into the liability and regulatory issues that are important for companies to be aware of.
Our guest is Adam Sheffield, the president of Global PEO Services. Global PEO Services (GPS) helps companies hire employees fast without having to set up legal entities in foreign jurisdictions and deal with related HR, Benefits, Payroll, Tax, and Accounting issues.
The discussion is focused on the following:
1. What is the gig economy and how are companies using it?
2. Is this just a US phenomenon or are you seeing a global impact?
3. How does the gig economy specifically impact human resources departments?
4. What are the best ways that companies can adapt to this new trend?
5. Will the appeal of this new, versatile, way to work will attract top talent that would otherwise migrate towards a standard, corporate job?
6. What are the best ways to employ high-powered employees that are partial to free-lance work?
7. There are two schools of thought: Many people have called the gig economy a “trend” or a “fad,” saying that it might fade out of popularity in a few years, while others have stipulated that by 2040 the U.S. economy won’t even be recognizable due to the changes and advancements that the on-demand economy will usher in. Is the gig economy sustainable?